Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Blue Skies and Tailwinds

Hi everybody,
No Wifi last night so this is a quickie this am before we leave on our 84 mile trek through the Adirondacks. We rode 78 yesterday and my legs are a bit tired today. It is so beautiful here I'm not sure I can describe it to you all. You have to be here to see the trees, Moose River so clear you can see the fish, blue skies, long rolling hills (some not so rolling but UP!) , many animals and birds, clear lakes, and very little traffic.
We went through Amish country yesterday. Saw some buggies ,straw hatted farmers , and bonneted ladies. Road kill is changing from deer and raccoons to turtles and possums. Even saw a big dead porcupine!
Yesterday was definitely our hardest day due to the climbing and today is supposed to be the same. Weather is cooperating so far- not too hot but we're expecting rain this eve.
As I write this, 2 deer are looking in my motel door. They're probably looking for some coffee-so am I.
Will catch you up with more tonight.
Pic is the road leading you to the start of the Adirondacks. Beeeeeeutiful upstate New York!!
DQ

Sent from Donna's iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment