Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Blue Skies andTailwinds

This is me!! As you can see I have lost weight! I knew if I cut down on the beers and second helpings I could do it!! Really- I am sitting by the Adirondack Museum which Bettye and I visited.
I thought yesterday was the hardest day so far. Well, it lost it's ranking- today takes the cake!
Hills, lakes, more hills, bugs, mosquitos, hills, beautiful long downhills, more uphills, bugs, big honking potholes, but.....a very scenic, breathtaking viewing of the Adirondacks. We thought we'd never get to the motel here in Schroon Lake. After all this complaining-it was a great ride.
Trees, lakes, ponds, the Hudson River, small mountain cabins, large mountain homes, the stars and stripes flying everywhere, woodpeckers tapping, crows cawing, lonely rural roads- a few in need of repair!, and 23 cyclists oohing and aweing at the beautiful country side. This is what it is all about. It was a long 86.2 miles today and 1/2 of the riders needed sags at one time. But even doing 45 miles of the ride was an accomplishment. The temps are cooperating so far. Hot but not too hot.
We had a great dinner of Mac and cheese made from Hellava Good Cheese from NY. It was delicious. A lot of us said it was just like Mother used to make!
Tomorrow we leave New York on a ferry over Lake Champlain to Vermont. We will leave from Ticonderoga and head to Middlebury. I am getting excited to be there because I will be connecting with three of my college friends that I haven't seen in years- too many years! It will be our last lay-over day. The days after will be the last of our journey. My total miles so far reads-2039! Even I find that hard to believe. My bottom believes it though.
If you have time and would like to hear other rider's thoughts and pictures on the ride you can go to Womantours.com and click on tour blog. Rhonda, Rita, Sue,and Sara have some interesting stories to tell also and some good pictures with good captions. Enjoy.
Time for bed to rest my weary body and to look forward to another day.
'Till tomorrow , Donna


Sent from Donna's iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment