Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

WOW's June 22


We crossed another state line and of course, margaritas were in order with our dinner of stew and fresh fruit pies. The first part of today's ride was very fun, with another screaming downhill. One person got 51 mph just a little fast for me on those skinny tires. We visited the Ticonderoga  Fort right on Lake Champlain and then two of us just barely made the Ferry for Vermont. It started to rain we crossed the lake and the rest of the day it rained but not hard. I tried to ride in a rain jacket and it was way too hot so just got a little wet. The description for the riding was rollers well let me tell you those rollers were steeper than I have ever tried so another rider and I did a lot of walking. Pedal the downhill as fast as you can to get enough speed and then shift and shift and then off and walking. The road was narrow, no shoulder, and very rough. The traffic was also more than usual and very fast. As you can see I am still smiling in the picture. The campus is beautiful and there were interesting buildings that we viewed from the road.  We road through town to the Middlebury Inn. Donna's friends drove by me as I was about to get to the top of a hill so I knew that the minute I arrived that we would be off for a beer and a little lunch. We changed our clothes and headed down the street in the rain. Yes it rained very hard for the rest of the evening and night. We have rain forecast for the next three days. Oh darn. A day off for a little shopping and visits with Donna's college friends. Brenda will be here today and I used to teach with Brenda so it will be fun to catch up. Later, Brakin Bev

Sent from Bev's iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment