Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

WOW's, June 26

Yes I climbed the pass and mostly on the bike. The last half mile was the most difficult and I don't care how many gears My bike has, there are not enough. I really need a motor. We had a great downhill and I road in the rain long enough to have sand in my socks and even in my ears. I was riding as fast as I could to get to Maine and hopefully out of the rain and boom. My back tire blew so there I was waiting for the sag. She picked me up and we drove to the next sag stop and then changed the tire. I missed the Maine sign, darn. We had two more blowouts before Patty got there and booted the tire as it had a cut all the way through. Ready now I set out to finish the ride and the next few hills were steeper than climbing the pass so lots of walking until I had a slow leak in the front tire but just kept going until the sag came and I sagged in with 48 mile for the day. Our Motel is very nice and we had visitors just before dinner, a friend of another friend who lives here in Bridgton. So much for this expensive day but there are more pictures on the blog to share Brakin Bev
Sent from Bev's iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment