Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

WOW's June 28

This is the view from one of the many bridges crossed on our ride to Bucksport. We started the morning riding over a very large and busy bridge. The entire riding day was noisy with 18 wheelers and traffic. I did not feel threatened with the traffic but the noise. We had a wide shoulder for riding and other than some road and pavement issues not bad. My riding partner and I wanted to do our 40 plus miles but could not make good enough time so sagged to the van before our cook, Sue had to leave for Bucksport. I appreciated the quietness of the van for sure. We did stop at a cute restaurant for a lobster roll that was delicious. Lots of lobster and looking forward to the final dinner and Maine lobster. We will all try to get to Bar Harbor at the same time for the ceremonial dipping of tires in the Atlantic as we have some riders who were on the first part of this trip and started in Anacortes, Washington last year. It was a history day as we passed through Rockport -shoes, Fort Knox, many rivers, and bridges. One bridge I was not expecting was the big suspension bridge over the Penascot River and can view from our hotel.  I had a chance to walk through the town, shop, get money, take more pictures, and have a beer with Bev P and Jeanette, the first riders in on the 86 mile ride.  Have 46 miles left and a few more hills to ride or walk depending on the steepness. I get to see more when I walk that is for sure. Brakin Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment