Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Blue Skies and Tailwinds, June 5

This is my dashboard. This is what I look at all day. Just as in driving a car,you look around at the scenery, watch out for what might be in the road ahead of you- potholes, dogs, cars, people(if you can find them), railroad tracks,etc.,then you glance at your rear or side view mirror and look down at your dashboard.
You will notice on my dashboard I have a map, speedometer - which tells me my speed, mileage, max speed, and average speed, a side view mirror, a compass (it would be easy to turn west by mistake and end up back in Fargo!), a dashboard bag which holds my camera, chapstick, Butt Butt'r, and a dog whistle(which I haven't used yet). I don't have a radio or CD player. You need to stay alert and listen for cars or trains! On each side of my dashboard are my brakes and gear shifters.
My bike has 30 gears, which I change in and out of depending on the hills or winds or how tired my legs are.
We did not ride today so I had to write about something! I did play golf with 3 others at a local course. It was a relaxing change from pedaling.
Tomorrow is day #18. We have pedaled about 1000 miles so far. Bar Harbor- here we come!!
We'll be doing 71 and we hope with blue skies and tailwinds!
Good night all. Donna and the WOWs

No comments:

Post a Comment