Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Blue Skies and Tailwinds

Rest day today. So here we are- Bev, Bettye, Jan, and I having a Rolling Rock after a fun 9 holes on a Niagara Falls golf course. Considering the clubs they give us for rentals we did pretty good. Dented, steel shafts,way too long, and some rusty!
Spent some time cleaning and lubing my bike getting it ready for next week. We have 6 days before we get a day off. We will then be out of New York and into Vermont. We then walked to Goat Island where you can view the Falls. They are awesome!! Can't imagine the crazies that went over in a barrel!
1640 miles on my odometer right now. I find it hard to believe. We have seen so many different communities, met so many helpful people, ridden a variety of terrains, downed so many local beers, and have eaten deeeelicious meals thanks to our cooks Patty and Sue. Am I losing weight? I don't think so! Even after burning so many calories during a ride, I manage to replace them in the evening. I have two weeks to get skinny!
Tomorrow we are off to Brockport which is my college Alma Mater. Hope to stir up a few memories while there.
68 miles so I'd better get my beauty rest
Donna


Sent from Donna's iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment